***STOPTALKING7 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS***
The following is the official call for submissions for the seventh installment of the STOPTALKING performance series.
STOPTALKING7 will take place on FRIDAY FEBRUARY 17 2012 @ THE WHITE HOUSE (277.5 AUGUSTA)
The night will run for 9PM-MIDNIGHT and feature a MAXIMUM OF 20 PERFORMERS.
DEADLINE: Jan. 25th (submit soon as performance spots fill up quickly!)
1. Please type a short description (1-2 sentences) of what you would like to perform at STOPTALKING7. You do not have to go into detail–we just need a rough idea of what you will be doing (eg. poetry, performance art, stand-up, story-telling, durational performance, a skit, etc.) The description you provide is not set in concrete. If you are accepted to perform, you may change proposed performance as long as we are notified.
2. Another important element is how long your act will take, so include an estimated duration of your performance to help us accurately schedule the evening.
If you are accepted to perform, we may provide you with a recommended time-frame to help work with the event’s schedule.
3. If you have not performed at a previous STOPTALKING, you must provide an example of your previous work.
This is also recommended to people who have performed at a previous STOPTALKING, but nor required.
4. Please mention if you will need any set-up time for equipment or have any special requests.
Only a basic PA set-up (mic, speakers, mixer, etc.) will be provided, so you are responsible for any extra equipment needed for your performance.
5. Send your performance proposal to email@example.com, with your name and a label in the subject line (eg. JOHN DOE–ST7 SUBMISSON).
Thank-you! We look forward to going through your submissions.
If you have any questions, please contact us immediately.
Visit the STOPTALKING BLOG to see examples of previous performances and more.
STOPTALKING Curatorial Team
Patty Farias / Reid Jenkins